Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Adventures in respawning

The other day I died while being overincumbered.  I could only respawn at vault 76 which was really far away from where my friend was who was being attacked by some dillhole who was level 145 and decided after we helped him take down a scorchbeast queen and all that comes with it he should kill us too.  Thanks, Bathesda!  Oh yeah.  He put me down hard even though he shot me way less than my friend.  I'm just way better at dying than he is.  I thought I had to agree to the whole pvp thing for that to happen but who cares at least I picked up some plans for some armor I'll probably get to craft three months from now if I play every day for 12 hours.


Well, today was way better because I was wearing my power armor and was not overincumbered.  I got my ass killed by a diseased Gulper because of hubris and massive sucktitude at playing this game and was given just one place on the entire map to respawn.  It happened to be at the place I just died but who cares, it always drops you far enough away from the action that you can run away before you are detected by the beast that just killed you.  Bad news is the game decided I was overincumbered and said I could not respawn there.

So I could not respawn anywhere. 

Because I was overincumbered.  Because I have 25 Bobby pins and according to this game 25 Bobby pins is a shit ton of weight.  Or probably because when I die, my power armor goes back into my inventory.  10 more pounds and I'm overwhelmed in the weight department so I had to leave the game and start up again. 

10 minutes and one server disconnect later I'm back on the scene.  I sneak up with my sniper rifle and have a look see at the beast who killed me.  Now the diseased Gulper is 10 points stronger and has more friends.

Thanks Bathesda.

No comments:

Post a Comment